Friday 24 July 2009

Update- uni,etc

Well my uni results are also in. I also got a 2:1 for the year which I was very very pleased about. I'm happy to know I'm heading in the right direction and doing something right somewhere. I was also disappointed with my modernism results as it was somewhere around 52 (I think) although frankly I expected it because I spent a large part of the modernism module yelling in frustration and attempting to bang my head off the desk. I really struggled with modernism as it all seemed rather pretentious and ridiculous to me. However I did do very well on my mini dissertation which I was absolutely delighted about because I did actually put a lot of work into it and thoroughly enjoyed writing about Dracula and Interview with the Vampire. Both Nicola and I got onto the modules we picked for next year which is good but I still can't work the stupid uni timetable system which doesn't seem to work ever.
I've been sitting down a lot over my holidays. I've realised how long this holiday really is. I had a job last year so my summer flew by but this year I've been chilling out and watching LOTs of TV. I've just started watching 'Desperate Romantics' on BBC 2 which I really like. Its about the pre-Raphaelite brotherhood and has a fantastic cast. Its about art in the victorian era but don't let that put you off its very vibrant and fast paced with plenty of beautiful and witty boys (and girls) and romance, fame, drama and of course pretty pictures. I've also been reminding myself how much I love Friends. Its so ridiculous now that almost every episode I see makes me cry. I also started watching True Blood on FX which was weird but good. It was dark and broody with lots of sex and weird southern accents.
Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment