Monday 18 May 2009

EUROVISION!!!!


On Saturday my favourite night of the year finally came round again. Oh yes people. Eurovision. I once again hosted my traditional Eurovision night complete with crisps, MandMs, fizzy pop and ice cream.

Let me explain, Eurovision is my thing. I love it. Not in a snarky ironic way. I actually properly love it. I love the cheese, I love the Eastern European disco, the costume changes, the wind machines from eighties music videos, all of it. And I like the music. I know many people will disagree with me but i am genuinely of the opinion that eurovision produces some real gems. I am a massive fan of Dmitry Koldun and D'Nash from 2007, I loved Dima Bilan last year and this year didn't disappoint. I can honestly say that there were only two or three songs I actually disliked. This year I voted for Turkey (Hadise- Dum Tek Tek, its the noise drums make in Turkey) and Armenia (weird electro ish dancey song performed by two sisters in immense dresses) and tried to vote for Bosnia (epic revolution song by people in white military outfits with a singer who looked like Guti form Real Madrid) but was too late. I also really loved Norway the eventual winner- an adorable boy with a violin who was 'in love with a fairytale,'(see photo!) Azerbaijan a boy and a girl who sounded like they were singing about hobbits, Greece an attractive Luis Figo lookalike on a conveyor belt and Germany a semi shirtless man in THE shiniest trousers i've ever seen.

And I've already bought an azerbaijan cd from 2007 and a norway badge from this year. and i'm watching about 15 things on ebay. whoops.

Ruth "Spazibo Moscow!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment