Tuesday 3 November 2009

TV, and stuff.

Ruth and I are both eagerly awaiting the release of Nine (the musical, not the Tim Burton film 9, which also looks good), so keep your eyes peeled for a review when it comes out!

In the meantime, I'm beginning to forget what the real world looks like - my life has been overtaken by utopias and dystopias, and vampire fiction. True Blood is one of the best things on TV right now, and I can finally watch it now it isn't on an obscure satellite channel. The only bad thing is, there are always spoilers in magazines! I really don't see the point, who likes spoilers?? It takes away the whole point of watching the program. Then of course there's the annoyingness of Anna Paquin and the girl who plays Tara to contend with, but I love how weirdly realistic it is. And I really love Bill, and the guy who owns the bar (Sam? I think.)

If vampires aren't your thing, there's always X Factor and Strictly. I suspect Jedward might be in with a chance of winning on X Factor, which would be the end of reality TV as we know it! They are hilarious, but come on, it is meant to be a talent show! My favourite is definitely Joe to win, he's just awesome! And how great is Cheryl this year, I wish people would stop slating her. The media love to build somebody up then send them crashing back down again. Her live performance was spot-on. I couldn't even guess who might win Strictly... Ricky Whittle? Ali? They're too close to call this year.

And then there's Ugly Betty and Gossip Girl...... you can predict what's going to happen week after week but sometimes that's a good thing! I have stopped watching Gok though. :( Sorry Gok, I do love you, but I feel you're just on TV too often. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, take a break!
Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment